Pearson BTEC HNC Route onto BA Year 2 and Year 3 University of Chester
Pearson BTEC HND Route onto BA Year 3 University of Chester
WHAT YOU LEARN
Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals are designed in a way that combines both the practical and cognitive skills needed for the workplace.
They are designed to give colleges the flexibility to develop engaging, relevant programmes to support their students‘ professional development aspirations.
You will study core modules in your first year (HNC) to consider how organisations make use of available resources, people and materials. You will learn how enterprising individuals and organisations respond to market requirement; and you will cover financial and legal aspects of business, HR along with business environment.
In the second year (HND) you will explore how organisations are managed at the operational level, and will study the accounting function and how it can aid business performance. You will also study business IT systems, employability skills and research project.
You will learn through lectures, seminars, workshops, case studies, group projects and presentations.
Course content could include:
- Core units covering essential underpinning knowledge and skills.
- A wide range of optional units focusing on specialist knowledge.
- Different qualification pathways reflecting specialist areas in some sectors.
- Locally devised units reflecting the needs of your area.
THE MODULE ARE SHOWN BELOW
- Higher National Certificate (HNC) – 1 year (8 Modules)
- Higher National Diploma (HND) – 2 years (15 Modules)
Modules are assessed by coursework, there are no examinations.
The HNC course is with 8 modules studied in 1 Year.
If an HNC student:
- Passes all 8 Modules listed below in Year 1 they will be awarded a Higher National Certificate (HNC);
The HND course is divided into two years with 8 modules studied in Year 1 and 7 modules in Year 2.
If an HND student:
- Passes all 15 Modules listed below in Year 1 and 2, they will be awarded a Higher National Diploma (HND).
Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business – Year 1
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Essentials
- Human Resource Management
- Management and Operations
- Management Accounting
- Managing a successful Business Project (Pearson set)
- Business Law
- Financial Accounting
Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business – Year 2
- Research Project (Pearson set)
- Organisational Behaviour
- Financial Reporting
- Digital Marketing
- Business IT Systems
- Statistics for Management
- Global Business Environment
You must have IELTS 5.5; reading and writing must be at 5.5, or equivalent.
There are no particular entry requirements for entry onto the HNC course but applicants will benefit from having two of the following prior to entry:
- At least an A-level pass in a relevant subject with GCSE grades at A – C in English and Maths;
- BTEC Level 3 qualification in Business;
- An Access to Higher Education Diploma awarded by an approved Further Education Institution;
- Related work experience;
- International equivalent of the above.
|Course / Duration